Lo-Fi Games • View topic - Kenshi Informational Guide - Steam

Kenshi Informational Guide - Steam

Kenshi Informational Guide - Steam

Postby Oculus » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:30 am

I am known as Oculus_WB on steam and I have created an informational guide covering Kenshi FAQs/Steam Discussion. Hopefully the guide will help the steam community understand it better. I thought I should post it on the main forums in case you wanted to see it. (If this post is in the wrong place please move it :D)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=133800008#38754
Oculus

Re: Kenshi Informational Guide - Steam

Postby Pain » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:42 am

Nice guide. Some points that you might consider to change:
- Steam Punk, we had some discussion on this. I would not put it as a main theme. Post-apocalyptic is just fine (that's pretty much the overall consensus from previous discussion on that on this forum).
- Factions are there. The behavior is just not feature complete yet, I would say.
- In the Alpha part, you mention "earliest playable" thing. Kenshi was playable already in 2011 (ver. 0.2 if I remember correctly). So this is a bit a strange part.
- Also, the Beta part is strange as a whole.

Apart from my rambling, nice guide. :)
Pain

Postby Oculus » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:31 pm

Thanks for the tips. By earliest playable I meant that kenshi has been in the Alpha stage for quite a while (I will reword it). I will also make sure to change the Steam Punk main idea. I added the Beta section to let people know that difficulty modifiers and balance changes usually don't occur until the beta stage. I also plan to add more to the beta section when the time comes.
Oculus

Postby Tolwrath » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:35 pm

Actually according to development life cycle standards, the game is technically in both alpha and beta testing. Alpha is simply testing from within the company / at the development site where beta is testing performed from outside the company / external user testing.
Tolwrath

Postby Oculus » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:44 pm

:shock: Oh okay. Big mistake on my part, I will get on changing that right away.
Oculus

Postby Tolwrath » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:17 pm

The more you know. *some rainbow shoots across your view*

I really like what I see in the guide. I think you did a very good job of not helping the players so much as to rob players of that first eye opening experience where they realize how stupid their expectations were. You know, that moment where the player realizes that sending one untrained, inexperienced, below-average guy to fight a group of 6+ bandits is actually a really bad idea. IMO it's a priceless life/gaming experience to have that happen.
Tolwrath

Postby Oculus » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:52 pm

Thank's again. I'm actually debating on whether or not I should put a warning about the combat difficulty. There are so many posts along the lines of "AI too hard, I want to kill stuff and be invincible."
Oculus

Return to General