Page 1 of 1

saves folder in other place

Posted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:47 pm
by Comodoro128
Sorry for my English!
I have played Kenshi for several days, and I have also installed mod's. This is my first problem with the game. Saves files have been duplicated and cannot be found in the save folder. The last game saved in the original save folder is "Kira importado" 16-07-2020.
All this comes out, because I wanted to modify the saves with the FCS, and when trying to open the files, I cannot locate the recent game.
I already searched through my directory the names of my last saved games, and without being able to locate them.
I already tried to import the games, without any modifications at the moment.
I don't want to reinstall the game and lose those last saves ...
I attach photos of the folders and the game.
What can i do to fix this?

Re: saves folder in other place

Posted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:05 pm
by Shidan
The default save location has been changed. It is now:
C:\Users\<YourUsername>\AppData\Local\kenshi\save

(If you cannot find the AppData folder, you may have hidden folders/files set to not be visible, and will need to change that.)

You can revert this setting in the options menu if you wish, using the "Use Save Location" option. Though it is suggested to keep it, since this change was done to fix a number of issues.

Re: saves folder in other place

Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:01 am
by Comodoro128
thank you a lot.
I looked through the address you gave me, and apparently the files were hidden :shock: , so I was able to recover them.
sorry for the inconvenience.