Page 1 of 1

Character Portraits cut off screen

Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:26 pm
by Naotix
As the title says, no matter what resolution I have set it seems the 3rd row of my characters I have recruited doesn't show up.

Any help/suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks.

Re: Character Portraits cut off screen

Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:44 am
by PnzrNorm
Its likely that your display monitor doesn't support up to 1920x1080, as this is the resolution that displays the greatest amount of the GUI properly.

Also to note, this resolution displays all 20 squad members in 2 rows with 10 each.

Re: Character Portraits cut off screen

Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:05 pm
by Naotix
PnzrNorm wrote:Its likely that your display monitor doesn't support up to 1920x1080, as this is the resolution that displays the greatest amount of the GUI properly.

Also to note, this resolution displays all 20 squad members in 2 rows with 10 each.
Thank you for the reply.

I'm certain my monitor can support the highest resolution possible for Kenshi. I use to run it fine, I had since changed the resolution and when I went to revert it back it doesn't fully show the character portraits.

Thank you for the tip of 2 rows at highest resolution, I will continue to try to replicate this.

Any other helpful info would be appreciated, maybe I have a bug?

Re: Character Portraits cut off screen

Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:37 pm
by PnzrNorm
Updated your graphics drivers recently?

Re: Character Portraits cut off screen

Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:04 pm
by Tolwrath
Sorry for the late reply, I've actually heard differently. According to some people each row only shows 9 portraits, and the last two either don't appear, or are only barely visible below the second row. That being said, I don't ever make large squads.

You should be able to select everyone using click and drag, or by pressing ~ to select everyone, then using shift+click to deselect other characters.

Re: Character Portraits cut off screen

Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:48 pm
by Naotix
PnzrNorm wrote:Updated your graphics drivers recently?
Thank you for your reply. All of my drivers are updated to latest. I've had this work properly as previously stated.
Tolwrath wrote:Sorry for the late reply, I've actually heard differently. According to some people each row only shows 9 portraits, and the last two either don't appear, or are only barely visible below the second row. That being said, I don't ever make large squads.

You should be able to select everyone using click and drag, or by pressing ~ to select everyone, then using shift+click to deselect other characters.
Yes, I knew of this shortcut, but thank you.

I've noticed if the resolution setting in the prompt is different than ingame variables it creates issues.

For example, change resolution in the menu, run the game, change resolution in the first menu that pops up. Now the resolution you have, and the resolution in the game menu are different, perhaps this created my bug where my resolution won't fix properly? I can only speculate how to fix this.

In the meantime I will just click them to change their equipment.

Re: Character Portraits cut off screen

Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:33 pm
by PnzrNorm
Naotix wrote:I've noticed if the resolution setting in the prompt is different than ingame variables it creates issues.
Have you tried matching the two resolutions?
The resolution set in the menu in-game doesn't take effect until Kenshi is restarted, so you may be right this is causing issues, but it may also be something with your machine specs.

Can you upload a dxdiag.txt for me to see what hardware you're using?

Re: Character Portraits cut off screen

Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:53 pm
by Naotix
PnzrNorm wrote:
Naotix wrote:I've noticed if the resolution setting in the prompt is different than ingame variables it creates issues.
Have you tried matching the two resolutions?
The resolution set in the menu in-game doesn't take effect until Kenshi is restarted, so you may be right this is causing issues, but it may also be something with your machine specs.

Can you upload a dxdiag.txt for me to see what hardware you're using?
I have yes. I will send attachment you requested, thank you for the support.

Re: Character Portraits cut off screen

Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:00 pm
by PnzrNorm
According to your DxDiag, you're running an HP vs17 monitor?
This monitor is old, old, old, old.
Their website has no drivers available for the OS you're running, and its maximum capable resolution is 1280x1024.
My professional opinion is to invest in a new monitor that is capable of 1920x1080 (a.k.a. 1080p).

Re: Character Portraits cut off screen

Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:52 pm
by Naotix
PnzrNorm wrote:According to your DxDiag, you're running an HP vs17 monitor?
This monitor is old, old, old, old.
Their website has no drivers available for the OS you're running, and its maximum capable resolution is 1280x1024.
My professional opinion is to invest in a new monitor that is capable of 1920x1080 (a.k.a. 1080p).
The monitor I am currently using worked Kenshi properly, only when I changed the resolution can it not revert back. I suppose I can buy a new monitor, it's not an issue. Do you know what I could do in the meantime to fix the issue? Or was I lucky for it working with the resolution at first or what?

I don't get why if it worked before, that it cannot again.

Re: Character Portraits cut off screen

Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:40 pm
by PnzrNorm
Kenshi runs fine on all resolutions, its just the issue of every GUI box that displays information will be skewed in some way except for 1920x1080, thus you will encounter this multiple rows of portraits issue.

Re: Character Portraits cut off screen

Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:46 pm
by Naotix
PnzrNorm wrote:Kenshi runs fine on all resolutions, its just the issue of every GUI box that displays information will be skewed in some way except for 1920x1080, thus you will encounter this multiple rows of portraits issue.
Okay, thank you, I understand now.

Re: Character Portraits cut off screen

Posted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:20 am
by Sydious
I run 1680 - 1050 res and get 2 rows of 9 toons. But as a bonus I can get a third row happening that shows the top little section of the toon pics. I recall someone saying the total number of toons u could have was hard coded to 20 yet the amount of times Ive had 27, ie: 3 rows of nine, is endless.