Page 1 of 1
Trying to smith Edge tier 3 ends up rusted?
Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:39 pm
by TerrorofKenshi
Hey, guys. I made some reasearch to make edge tier 2 - meitou craftable and it all works. It shows up in the list but when i try t craft edge tier 3 weaponry, it becomes rusted junks instead. This not with vanilla weapons though. It wre weapons from another mod but that still should work according tothe same principle.
Any idea what went wrong here?
edit: Apparently this happens because my skill went too high...WTF!
Re: Trying to smith Edge tier 3 ends up rusted?
Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:52 pm
by Hatsune_Neko
what was your skill?
also darkness, damage can greatly affect your skills. even to the point of ruining your work.
Re: Trying to smith Edge tier 3 ends up rusted?
Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:58 pm
by TerrorofKenshi
The whole thing was lit up like a christmass tree lol. But i was very close to level 98. I put it back to level 80 by editing my save (which was a lot more headache inducing than it sounds).
It is fixed now though. But they really should fix this issue tbh. Is there somehow a way to put it beyond the 100 skill limit without going back to tier 0?
Since it's technically a bug i still put it here because you can't forge tier 3 edge weapons without modding it. So that's why i put it here.
Re: Trying to smith Edge tier 3 ends up rusted?
Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:08 pm
by bargian
I read somewhere that u cant lvl ur skills above 95 coz of engine limitations, its that true?
Re: Trying to smith Edge tier 3 ends up rusted?
Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:24 pm
by TerrorofKenshi
Quick update. I think this only seems to happen when i'm away from the base where they forge. It's possible that the light I put near them doesn't actually emit light as soon as i'm focused somewhere else. I never had this happen before though. I put a vanilla light there now and as long as i'm "there" it works again too.
Re: Trying to smith Edge tier 3 ends up rusted?
Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:26 pm
by TerrorofKenshi
bargian wrote: ↑Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:08 pm
I read somewhere that u cant lvl ur skills above 95 coz of engine limitations, its that true?
My gal had 98 skill which worked just fine before i tried to craft edge 3 weapons. I just whish you could somehow increase that cap to 200 but i guess it's not that easy. If it was people would have found a long time ago already. I heard that it's an engine issue. So probably very hardcoded.
Also i tweaked the game to get 3x the normal experience. So technically i should et trice as fast then normal.
Another quick tip. Was "away" for a while with the vanilla light there and still got rusted junk. I really don't understand. I was perfectly able to forge stuff while i was away in the past and now i cn't anymore?
Re: Trying to smith Edge tier 3 ends up rusted?
Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:27 pm
by Hatsune_Neko
bargian wrote: ↑Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:08 pm
I read somewhere that u cant lvl ur skills above 95 coz of engine limitations, its that true?
it is not true.
max is 100
but going over 100 drops it back to zero or what even lower number it becomes.
Modified Skill lvl 102 = lvl 2 skill.
this is indeed an issue with the game.
Re: Trying to smith Edge tier 3 ends up rusted?
Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:24 pm
by TerrorofKenshi
Another update: it works again? I guess it's a minor chance that it will fail sometimes? Also i also demolished the old workbench and build a new one in it's place again which may have helped too.
Re: Trying to smith Edge tier 3 ends up rusted?
Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:47 pm
by Ocram
You probably have no weapon model to crit on.
Re: Trying to smith Edge tier 3 ends up rusted?
Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:54 pm
by TerrorofKenshi
Yeah, i just realized this myself lol. Since edge tier 3 is THE highest tier you can possibly ever craft (unless they gave us the ability to change this) you will never be able to craft higher than tier 3 no matter what you put in functionality or as a reasearch plan. Really sucks though i mean you can crafter mastergear armor but not weapons? Atleast call it Cross or something then. Less confusing and lore appropriate.
So inshort the critical change for edge tier 3 will Always be rusted junk no matter what you do.
Re: Trying to smith Edge tier 3 ends up rusted?
Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:52 pm
by Ocram
I meant add a model above edge 3.
Eg. duplicate the edge 3 model and call it the same, add it to homemade manufacturer and give it a level of 85. Never tried but pretty sure it's an applicable theory.
Re: Trying to smith Edge tier 3 ends up rusted?
Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:56 pm
by TerrorofKenshi
Ocram wrote: ↑Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:52 pm
I meant add a model above edge 3.
Eg. duplicate the edge 3 model and call it the same, add it to homemade manufacturer and give it a level of 85. Never tried but pretty sure it's an applicable theory.
Oh, so you mean a new quality type? Lik Meitou 2.0 for example. Yeah, i guess that could work but then i have to put it lower than edge tier 3 i think. Oviously in another weapon bench though with a different functionality (well technically still the same but another version that only makes that type)
Re: Trying to smith Edge tier 3 ends up rusted?
Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:04 pm
by Ocram
Just this:

- criticalmodel.jpg (175.73 KiB) Viewed 6588 times
Re: Trying to smith Edge tier 3 ends up rusted?
Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:16 pm
by Hatsune_Neko
you are gonna need more then just that.
gotta assign the weapon in all its forms.
though from that one picture i can not tell if you have it all properly linked. like with the originals.
Re: Trying to smith Edge tier 3 ends up rusted?
Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:07 pm
by Ocram
Might need to add it to weapon smith 3 func.
[Edit] Nope, literally just that. Also, the level can be 81, so stats don't change too much.
Re: Trying to smith Edge tier 3 ends up rusted?
Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:03 pm
by Pokpaul
Hatsune_Neko wrote: ↑Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:27 pm
bargian wrote: ↑Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:08 pm
I read somewhere that u cant lvl ur skills above 95 coz of engine limitations, its that true?
it is not true.
max is 100
but going over 100 drops it back to zero or what even lower number it becomes.
Modified Skill lvl 102 = lvl 2 skill.
this is indeed an issue with the game.
Is the only workaround editing saved games atm?
Re: Trying to smith Edge tier 3 ends up rusted?
Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:37 pm
by Hatsune_Neko
for now.
Re: Trying to smith Edge tier 3 ends up rusted?
Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:37 am
by lucidmadness
I ran into this problem while making my leviathan weapon smithing mod. I would be nice to be able to mod how the game gets crafting crits in general, seeing as how im a perfectionist and dislike the current 30% system (I dont know how many hours ive spent tossing specialist gear)