Tell us your stories

Koomatzu
Developer

Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:38 am

Hi everyone :-)

I’m trying to gather some cool player stories to use in our marketing material and was hoping you could help! Kenshi’s all about the random stories and the personal experiences after all.

So, we want to hear your experiences, all about your favourite characters. The theme is attachment, attachment to your beloved squad members and the feels when you lose them to a gruesome death, or the pride when they finally grow into a badass swordsman from a pantless drifter that could barely carry his rusty sword.

To say thanks, we’re offering a free copy of Prison Architect on Steam in exchange for the best story :)

Spooky

Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:17 pm

I wish your criteria were a bit more precise. As it is, I ended up writing a 1300 word encyclopedia of things that can happen to you in Kenshi that is likely entirely worthless as marketing material given the average attention span. Nonetheless, I provide it in case you think you can extract an appropriate segment from it. I've put it on pastebin since I don't know if it will even fit here.

http://pastebin.com/Zrf5FxBj

I've also taken the initiative of providing some relevant screenshots because I think those are much more valuable for marketing a game.

https://imgur.com/a/5cL1V

Lt.Siege

Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:54 pm

So my guy, Lt. Siege (of course), is the leader of his group of survivors. He lead them from nothing to the land that they built their fortress on, and has protected them from bandits and The Holy Empire's pesky inquisitors.

One day the group realized they needed more research materials in order to progress further as a force to be reckoned with. So, as their leader, Siege went out in search of these materials to keep his people safe. Alone he went, with only an empty pack, some food, and medical supplies. After several days of travel, he stumbled upon a collection of ruins with a library at the center. A rush of excitement and adrenaline hit him, and he began rushing down the hill to begin exploring. Once he hit the base of the hill, his worst nightmare became reality: giant spiders covered the ruins, and he had caught their attention.

After two days, and a whole lot of running, our fearless hero had cleared out half of the pesky creatures. Not wanting to risk the other half, Siege start sneaking around to each ruined building; hoping that there would be something of value in there. As he got closer to the library, he stumbled upon the remains of a squad that had perished at the hands of the spiders. All that remained of the squad were a few scraps of bone, cloth, and a beautiful katana stuck into the ground. Taking the katana, Siege felt a sense of pride surge through him and a name came to him: Spider's Bane. Using that katana he managed to clear out the spiders, grab several books (including an ancient one), and get back home with a handful of scars and stories to share.

This was the story of how I found a katana in a set of ruins covered in spiders, and their demise at the hands of one man. I was quite proud of my character killing all those nasty things, and even prouder when he got home, deposited the goods, and went to sell off the junk that I found for like 50k.

Koomatzu
Developer

Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:49 am

Nice, thank you both :)
Spooky wrote:I wish your criteria were a bit more precise. As it is, I ended up writing a 1300 word encyclopedia of things that can happen to you in Kenshi that is likely entirely worthless as marketing material given the average attention span.
Ah, you're right, sorry. It can be any length from a few sentences onwards, although I'm not looking so much for fan-fiction as I am more simple accounts. Like, 'I rescued a slave called Inu, trained her up from 0 skills and stole food until she became a mighty warrior. Then, after taking down 20 cannibals single handedly, she got captured on a rescue mission of her ally, Renley, and I ended up watching her get eaten alive and cried myself to sleep that night'. Obviously that's a terrible example though, hence why I need some valuable player inspiration. Don't worry about the long length though, I can extract, no worries.

Sol Lignum

Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:01 am

Oh, tha's a good one! I'll share one of mine, that got into mind the most.

Once upon a time Sol, who's the chief of my little community, and Zu, who's a formidable fighter, attempted a mighty quest for riceweed.

Journey took them through the foglands, where they had to be extremely cautious not to stumble across any Fogmen. That plan didn't ended too well, and when 3 or 4 of them appeared out of the fog and got beaten, another 3 or 4 dozens came along, so Sol and Zu had to run for it.

Chase has started somewhere north-west of Mongrel, and continued all the way to the Gatherers village, where i desperately planned to drop the tail off. Fogmen were very patient people, and chased us to that point and beyond. To my surprise only 1 resident was found in that little village, and, to my disgrace, he got beaten by few fogmen who decided to drop off and do so.

Completely lost i just kept us running west or north-west, and very shortly i noticed a large groud of dust bandits ahead. Plan was born, and we bolted to them, then switched direction in hope to collide two groups behind us. It partially worked, we still had a considerable amount of fogmen after us, but to my third surprise, a group of dozen Holy Nation outlaws was already approaching from the opposite direction to fight the rest of the fogmen. At last we stopped, dust bandits fighting fogmen to the right, HN outlaws fighting fogmen to the left, and some fogmen after us still. Deus Ex Machina?

We foght back at last, backed up by HN outlaws, and soon fogmen and bandits were no more. We helped outlaws to patch their injuries, and on our way back to village we've found that poor one who got beaten earlier and patched him as well, least we could do. He didn't dropped a single word, but i wouldn't be gratefull to couple of travelers who got me into fight first, only to patch me later, if i were him, either :)

swillo

Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:19 pm

Okay I start writing before the non fan fic post So these are a little more artsy in language. But I figure they still come close so for time spent on them and incase they are useful I'll post them.
Cause yeah I have a very real mental attachment to all of them.

One world Infinite stories.
I love a game that allows me to express the infinite stories in my head. Kenshi is just one world, but it has endless potential. Here are a few that I have started with.

Greywolf of the Mystwolves

Greywolf. I’m getting to old for this $#!7 Greywolf thought as he woke from a drunken stupor. He couldn’t quite remember where he was last drinking at. He vaguely remembered it was after he had completed a mission for the sand Ninjas, or did he complete it? Maybe not, he remembered trailing the mark into a bar and watching him from the back corner while he ordered a drink, but he couldn’t recall much after that drink arrived. “Crap, if he isn’t dead then I sure am.” Greywolf though. He rolled over to strand thinking he better go find out what happened. There was a strange heavy metallic clunk as he moved. He got to his knees and saw his wrists and feet were chained. “this ain’t good” he thought as he pulled himself to his feet. “And where are my pants?”….

Greywolf looked out over the compound. He had come a long way since he escaped the slavers mining pits. It hadn’t been easy to get free, and he had taken many beatings for his failed attempts. But during an attack by some nitwitted bandits, he had been able to slip away in the chaos. That was months ago. Since then he had gathered a small but strong group of survivors who all wanted to start over some place safe. Greywolf had organized them and they had made good their escape far from the land they started in. Now he was showing them how to build strong defenses. The holy nation was not an outright enemy yet, but they didn’t like the race of some of his refugees. And their constant patrols needed to be watched. But the source of his nightmares wasn’t the holy nation, they were easy enough to spot from far away. It was the unseen threat that he was worried about. He took a long pull on the flask in his shaky hand. “Why didn’t I just kill him before I started drinking.” He thought to himself for the hundredth time.

Kenzo of White Lotus
Kenzo was no warrior. He had been conscripted into the army when the local lord came past his parents farm and dragged him away to fight in a battle that had nothing to do with him. When he awoke on the battle field the next day, a dried scabbed wound on his forehead, he had counted himself lucky. He remembered looking down at the broken spear shaft in his hand. Cut cleanly in two by one stroke from the enemy general’s sword. It had been a magnificent sword. Kenzo remembered seeing it shine with blazing glory in the hot sunlight. Just before it came slashing in at him. It had just missing taking the top of his head off. If it hadn’t been for Kibay. Poor Kibay. He didn’t survive. Kenzo looked at the gleaming sword on his hip and remembered pulling it from Kibay’s body that morning after the battle. From that day forward he was no longer a conscript. He had taken that sword and fought his way to freedom. He had defeated many enemies with it. In the beginning winning more from dumb luck then skill. But he had kept that magnificent sword. It drew hunters looking for it. And his reputation had grown with each one he slew. And now it drew followers to him. Things had changed since those first months when he was starving and scavenging around the wastes hiding from Holy Nation patrols that sought his sword. Now he was building a refuge for those how sought to escape the zealotry of the Holy Nation. For farmers like his parents, who’s burned corpses he had found and buried when he returned home. His hand rested on the hilt of his fabulous weapon and he reminded himself of the oath he had swore that day. Then he turned and went to oversee the training of the new troops.

Zen of Paradise Beach

“ZEN! WAKE UP DUDE!”
“What? Ah Mac, I was having such a peaceful dream dude. Why the harsh buzz kill?”
“Dude, Tink says she needs more iron or she can’t complete the new cook stoves.”
“Well tell her to leave the stoves and come chill on the beach man. The waves are so awesome this morning.”
“She knew you would say that Dude, she said to tell you it’s afternoon. And if you don’t get a crew up and get her some iron she’s gonna set fire to the hemp crop. And not in a good way!”
“Aw man, Why would anyone want to leave this beach front paradise? Tell her we’ll go tomorrow.”
“Dude I ain’t telling Tink nothing. She’s scary when she’s pissed. In fact I’m splitting cause I think I see her coming now. ”
Zen scampers to his feet and runs off to gather a crew to go foraging iron.

Amazonia of the Amazons
Queen Amazonia poured over the reports from her squad leaders.
The Hunters had, had good luck searching the ruins to the north east. Many artifacts were recovered in their last excursion and while there had been many injuries none had been fatal. Those ruins were the key to military might she was sure. She looked to her head researcher, Doc’s report and nodded that the new AI core would mean more powerful Harpoon turrets. This would be perfect.
She checked the report from the traders squad. The new town they had discovered was indeed anti Holy Nation and would provided a fine second market for all the goods that the sisters could produce. They even had some blueprints for some new armors that would come in handy. And the road to reach it was only sparsely inhabited by cannibal tribes. She made a note and handed it to her assistant to make sure the traders were always accompanied by a heavily armed guard.
The fortress guards reported no sign of Holy nation patrols. And that the walls were easily held against the crazed assaults of the shrieking lunatics from the western forest. She nodded silently convinced that the new location of her fortress was secret and secure.
Amazonia rose and gathered her armor, the tedium of her position was done now she was free to join her troops and lead the raid on the Holy Nation Slave pits. She would free those women from the shackles of the Holy Nation and give them a new home where they could strike back at their former oppressors.

Noman the nomad.
Noman checked the pack straps on the bull for the third time. It was overload with Rum and fabrics to sell across the countryside. And there were several of those bulls in this caravan. He turned and looked at the captain of his caravan guard. She nodded her scared head and donned her spiked helmet. Noman was always glad to have Megan the Mauler on the road with him. She wasn’t pretty to look at but she was deadly in a fight and she had watched his back for many years on the open roads. All of those scares on her had come in defense of him. In fact she had been the first one to join him, back when he had been truly a free nomad, before he established a trading post. Now he looked at the busy outpost with craftsmen and women making items for sale across the land. It was a wonderfully lucrative arrangement. But Noman still liked being out on the road better. His feet itched to travel and meet new people and haggle the best deals he could out of them. A sly smile crept across his face as he took the lead of the bull and started out the gates. Ah yes, the open road, despite it’s dangers was the place he felt at home.

Stone of the Stone Mountain Clan.
Stone was huge, even for a Shek. It was the obvious reason he had gotten the nick name Mountain at a young age. A houseless Shek youth he had quickly learned to fight in the streets and because of his size was usually the winner. It had been years ago that he gathered a few other shek warriors and set out to claim fame by raiding cannibal villages. That had been a crazy adventure but somehow they had all survived. Broon had been and was still his strong right hand, Sheeka had pick the locks on the cannibal cages to get them out so many times she had become a master. Shammazu had bound their wounds and kept them alive. Kalid with his massive frag axe had held scores at bay while Stone and the others took them down. That was the start of so many glorious adventures that they had recounted in the taverns across that far off land. All along the way like minded, tribeless shek had heard of his prowess in battle and join his band. They had raided and plundered across the map. Taking slaves to do the menial tasks of cooking and cleaning for them. Hunting the vicious Gutters, and Stone had even single handedly taken down a Gorrillo. Living in the open air under the stars as a shek warrior should. Now they had reached a new land and even built a small keep here they could restock and heal wounds. But Stone spent little time there. He was always looking for the hunt. Now he was a warchief. With two full squads of warriors and a third stationed at the keep. And on his last hunt he had seen something that brought a new challenge to his mind. They had stumbled across two shek cities. Cities with allegiance to some powerful shek warlords. Warlords? Suddenly Stone wondered just how powerful these warlords were. Perhaps he had found another test worthy of his might. He looked around at his quickly built keep. One he cared little for until now. Now his vision saw more possibilities. He would turn this small keep into the fortress of a warlord. The most powerful warlord the shek kingdoms had ever known. Broon standing to his right recognized the sly smile that spread across Stone’s face, and the gleam that had come to his eye.
“I’ll tell the pride to get ready for the hunt.” Was all he said as he turned and left the wall. There were no words needed between them. It didn’t matter where they were going. They followed Stone to fame or death with equal zeal. For they all knew behind him one would be as glorious as the other.

Robots.
GITS tended the hemp plants. They were a 82% more efficient crop for producing biofuel then the greenfruit were. His yeld on one cycle had improved 90% over the previous location. And time spent gathering water was decreased by 60%. This was quantifiably a more advantageous location for the network’s research facility then the previous location. Just then a message came into him over the wireless transmission in his head. Geneses II was reporting Shrieking humans at the gates again. GITS shook his head. It was totally Illogical that they kept coming back. It was hard enough to communicate with humans who didn’t have wireless communications, but Mark X had still not been able to decrypt the strange gibberish that this category of human used as audio communication. None the less it was calculated that his assistance was needed to increase the rate of fire from the wall defenses sufficiently to prevent the Shrieking humans from being able to breach the outer gate defenses. This was preferable to fighting them inside the compound as once inside repair cost and time would detract from all the other unit’s primary functions. As he ran for the assaulted gate he was joined by D4R5 and Neo1. They reached their designated firing positions and within 3.2 minutes the last of the Shrieking humans was impaled. As the three returned to their primary functions, X7 and 8 Ball moving in to dispose of the human corpses. But before GITS was able to resume is primary function tending the hemp garden there was a wireless transmission from Q36. “the search of Tandy 1200’s backup data storage has revealed a new location at 2335/5544 with a 78.4% chance of containing useful technologies or information. Please submit your vote on an expedition to investigate this new location, expedition primary, and secondary journey to non-hostile human settlement at grid coordinates 1564/6542 to trade non useful collected items … Confirmed, all units will complete their current task and form up at the south gate. Unit GITS will be primary on the primary and secondary missions.”
GITS nodded, a strange unneeded affectation that was apparently coded into his core programing in the ancient times. For what purpose he had no clue. But then that was the primary goal of this gathering of units. To search out the technologies of the ancients and learn more about what their purpose was before the cataclysm. Before they lost so much of their stored data. And perhaps to find a way to once again be able to create unique sentience code that would be transferable to newly created units. GITS shutdown the biofuel distillery, fully loaded the watering apparatus for the hemp crops, then gathered his pack of repair supplies and weapon and headed to the south gate.

Koomatzu
Developer

Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:15 am

Nice, thanks guys! And sorry I was late to clarify, Swillo, I appreciate the time you put into your stories, it's all useful of course.

warchump

Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:46 pm

Great work and love the enthusiasm. Just want to point out that another post by Swillo in the thread "Lets see your kenshi" actually also fits what Koomatzu is after quite well I think

swillo

Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:09 pm

I can give you a few stories that are more like what you are looking for.

GreyWolf, mentioned above, was by far the toughest start I had in the alpha version. I was trying the drunken ninja start where you woke up in the mining camp. As soon as the game started a dozen guards beat me down and threw me into a cell. I kept trying to find a way to sneak out of my cell and escape, but every time I got pummeled and locked back up. Usually it happened as soon as I got out of my cell, but after a while I got smarter and even got near the gate a few times. One time a guard carried me around on his shoulder for two days before putting me in a cage. It was rough, but boy did my toughness go up. Finally a roaming group of dust bandits attacked the main gates just after I had managed to sneak out of my cell. All the guards were running toward the gate to fend off the attack so I thought this is it! I just ran right through the fight and out the front gate. I took a crossbow bolt to the butt on the way, but no one chased me down. I was free. without a sword, no money, and shackled but I was on my way. I made it to Catun and was able to pilfer a few things to sell, and hung around the front gates waiting for the guards to beat down passing bandit groups. it wasn't long before I was starting to gain enough money to equip myself. I also bought a building in town and started a little rum making business and started to hire some workers and guards. A real rags to riches story.

My first game in the new world was ZEN. Happy go lucky just traveling about the wade world seeing the sights. He found the hivers, the hub, and most of the holy nation cities. Just Zen and a few bar flys that wanted out of the HN cities. It was a good life. They grew strong enough to survive the various bandits. And they were too peaceable to get into trouble with the HN. Then one day they were exploring west of HN and east of the grey fog lands. I was excited to find a cool abandon ruin that no one had mentioned before. In my excitement I raced in to explore and gather up some of the items that I saw laying around. But I didn't watch closely enough. I didn't even realize who was attacking me. Zen and a few of the others got out, and they tried several times to return and save the ones who had been caught. But it was not use. I was both horrified and amazed when I realized that the Fogmen were actually eating my characters alive!!!! I lost three good men that day, and watched several hungry bandits get eaten as well. That was when Zen moved to the Beach. As far from the fog islands as he could get.

I had more the ten games started in the alpha version. All of which I played in a rotation. Since the switch to the new map I have been importing a few of them with each new map area. It's actually a very stressful time. Using the big squads mode several of those games have over 100 characters. Prior to the new map I had loaded up my squads in preparation for the move. but not knowing the details of food and water I loaded up on rum and water instead of food. This means that when I import my games I start out with 100+ starving characters. It's a real challenge to get such a large group to a suitable location where they can start building, especially since they know nothing about the new world and have to start researching all over again. I have lost about a dozen or so characters from the old world to starvation in this process. It actually made me think if I can't do this in a game with 100 people, how are thousands doing it in RL.

By the way, the ability to import my old games into new ones is the number one BEST idea you have ever had. I can't tell you how much I hate to have to drop a group that have invested hours of my free time to play with and build into something, because a new version of a game doesn't support them. I have stopped playing many a game because of this.
This feature allows me to actually become attached to my characters and groups knowing that I will not have to abandon them with the next update. True they don't always live in the harsh world that is Kenshi. But at least I can continue the story with their teammates.

gamesftw333

Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:28 am

A cold breeze blew through Mongrel at the dead of night. The fog was unusually thick and the smell of death equally more prevalent. Chills ran down the spine of all who had been standing guard that night. The shinobi guard of the lawless city were never ones to back off from a fight, but the night had been filled with nothing but menace. Oh how the guards wished their shifts would end and satisfy their thirst with nice cold drinks at the local bar. Many of them especially wanted to hear more of the stories being told by a man named Stin. The guards recalled their snooty attitude to a traveler that had decided to leave the safety of Mongrel, only to replace it with an attitude of surprise of the same man wandering back into the city as though he had just come back from an afternoon walk. Up close, it was apparent that this man had seen more than his fair share of fights despite his young age and merry demeanor.

This man was known to head to the bar after these 'walks' and tell these amusing yet ludicrous stories. Stories that described a place only referred to as 'the Old World'. A land filled with nothing but desert and mountain that was ever changing and ever dangerous. Some more outlandish claims was that he was one of the first to discover the beak things found south. Claims that an outside force would intervene in his life as if some hand of god had saved him from the verge of death. Claims that he had been traveling alone for several years in this chaotic world. Stin had come to this 'new world' through the desert-filled world with something he called an 'imtort' or 'impord'.

Many of the shinobi guard were warmed by the idea of hearing more of these stories with drinks in their hand in just a few more hours.

That warm feeling was struck down and replaced with terror by the sound of not a group, not a pack, but a horde of the fogmen. The shinobi guard readied their weapons and cooled their nerves readying for a fight, not even noticing that a traveler was behind them.

Again, a look of surprise made its way to the shinobi's faces as Stin, fully aware of the fogmen threat, simply continued to walk casually past the guards with a merry demeanor. As the fogmen approached, the guards heard a shing noise and the sound of falling bodies. In an instant, a few of fogmen fell to the ground lifeless, and saw a bloody blade at Stin's side. Just as their senses recovered, a few dead fogmen soon became some, then a dozen, then several dozens. What would be the fight of their lives had ended before any of them even took a step forward and by the hand of a single man. They couldn't hear it before with the rumbling of footsteps but Stin had been whistling a tune the entire time as he continued to casually walk forward as though nothing had happened.

A guard worked up the nerve to question Stin about his destination. In a nonchalant tone, he replied with "I wanna explore north. I feel that some sort of barrier was removed. It's a good thing too, I was starting to run out of stories. After that, it's exploring the east and south too. Well, I'll see all of you later~." The shinobi would call anyone walking the northern trail insane, reckless, and a dumbass. But they couldn't bring out their usual snarky attitude at the man waving his hand with his back turned to them, considering what they just saw. They could only wait for the day the man came back with even more fantastic stories.

warchump

Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:56 am

Great stories guys! They kindle the fire in particular in those of us who know what these stories mean in the kenshi world from similar experiences. You can almost see the game playing in front of your eyes reading the stories.

I love how gamesftw333 described the progression of the game development, old to new world and the addition of the beak things etc through the eyes of the lone soldier who has been imported through the patches and seasoned in fight to become the expert swordman.

That is the beauty of Kenshi, watching your wimps grow to legends, even better that you can visibly see the guys getting beefed up and developing bigger muscles and six packs :P There's just something so satisfying about being able to build up the stats, but in number but also in appearance. I make sure all my guys get some strength training, even the medic - so the medic can run in and rescue (without being encumbered) and patch up, and protect himself/herself if being attacked. Compulsory military training for all!

Koomatzu
Developer

Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:21 am

Thanks for all of your entries, I had a lot of fun reading them! I've chosen a winner from our Facebook entries, but I'll post the story for you to see on our blog soon. Shout out to Swillo, your GreyWolf story came very close, thanks again for sharing! :)

Grimmrok

Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:10 pm

Here's actually a very short story that happened yesterday, and I just felt like sharing it.

I was captured by a Holy Sentinel in Rebirth and enslaved. I lock picked my shackles, Stealth KO'd the Holy Sentinel that enslaved me and looted my gear, I took my gear back and put the shackles on him. Now the Holy Sentinel became a slave and I escaped. The End. :D

Sol Lignum

Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:58 pm

Grimmrok wrote:Now the Holy Sentinel became a slave and I escaped. The End. :D
That's glorious!

Earlier today one fine adventure happened to me. I've sent my squad on a little exploring of the north-west, crossed purple sands, through the berserkers country and into the Shrieking forest. A group of bandits crossed my way, and this time conversation took the wrong "WREEECK" so the fight began. Some of my men got beaten and i eventually sent others to run for it, back to purple sands. And as all was over, with 3 out of 8 of my men beaten, other 2 severely crippled and crawling to evac point, and 3 people barely standing. All of a sudden i discovered that my uncouscious group leader is being carried away by cannibals who's been walking around casually! I've send everyone who could run and hold a weapon after them, managed to take down one that carried my leader, and few others. My people fell, few cannibals escaped with Shrieking bandits on their shoulders, but gues what? All of them suffered a severe bloodloss from my wakizashis, and barely walked another 200-300 meters before falling bloodless... right in front of wandering beak things, that gladly took cannibals for dinner. Karma justice!

Niekos

Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:27 pm

Not sure if anyone is still reading this, but i'd like to tell you a stroy.

This is a story about a friendship.

A lonely man, raised at a small holy farm in the wastes. A man who found his destiny was not living out his life as a farmhand, went by the name of Niekos, not that anybody cared for his name...
He wandered out, he walked the wastes trying to find his glory. With nothing but a rusty sword on his back he went from city to city trying to get by.
One day he wandered into a brokedown town full of scumbags and thieves, "The Hub" they called it... The fact that they still called it a town surprised him seeing as all but the local bar was in rubble.
Hungry and tired he walked the streets of this slum, making his way to te bar, being stared down at every corner.
Ariving at the bar, getting some much needed food a man called him over, "Come sit down, grab a drink with me traveler!".
The man went by the name of Zill, he seemed a bit strange, but a kind man, which seemed rare in this forsaken town. He offered to join Niekos in his travels, no charge, he just wanted to go out into the world again!
Now there were 2! A companion made the wastes less dark, less cold and alot less dangerous.
Danger struck however... A few days of traveling around together, trying to make some cats trading at the hives, they got struck down by a group of bandits, taking all their food and leaving our 2 companions for dead.
Zill got up and saw his unconcious companion, quickly patching his bleeds, the brave man carried Niekos all the way back to the hub, while strugling with a busted leg himself!
Niekos woke up in the hub, surprised he had woken up at all! The 2 decided it was still dangerous traveling just the 2 of them. They went back to the bar and found a man sitting alone in a corner.
Our companions talked to the man and asked him to join up for some cats, "Brecht" agreed.
Now there were 3! Getting back out there in the wastes they bonded, they shared their food, ran from trouble together, tended eachothers wounds.

One day, a day like any other, our 3 companions were on their way to an outpost they had seen in the distance.
Moving their way over there, having their regular talk and jokes, discussing the thick fog over the hills.
Ariving at the outpost they saw it was in ruins... They had walked all this way for nothing. They entered the ruined outpost but there was nothing there.
When wanting to walk out of the gate, a terrible sight struck them! Blue men wielding iron clubs were running straight for them!
A fight broke out, it didn't last long before the Blue men had surrounded them.
Our companions didn't know what to do, until Zill said to them, "You boys make a run for it, i'll distract them! Go!".
Before the other 2 could react Zill started screaming and flailing his arms around and was walking towards the fog.
The Blue men focussed their attention on Zill as he intended, while Niekos dropped down to the floor unconcious by his wounds.
Before Niekos's limp body even hit the ground Brecht had grabbed hold of his waist already, thrown him over his shoulder and started running!
While running away, Niekos's eyes peeked a last glimps of Zill, running into a thick fog, being chased by a horde of attackers.
Now there were 2...
Running through the sands, just trying to get back into holy territory, Brecht was in bad shape. The last medications had stopped Niekos's bleedin but not that of himself.
After running as far as he possibly could, Brecht lay Niekos down in the sands, only to shortly after drop down next to him, starved and wounded.

By the time Niekos woke up, he was standing next to the lifeless body of his other companion.

A lonely man travels the wasteland, remembering his fallen brothers.

swillo

Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:22 am

Well i have a new one.
The first time i woke up in Kenshi with a holy sword in my hand was way way back. And the first thing I did with my cats was meet up with a nice gal in a bar. Gecko. Green hair and a never quit spirit. Things were cheaper then so I was able to convince her to join me cheap. And we fought side by side threw it all. She was just as tough and deadly a fighter as my first and most experienced leader. She saved the squad more times then I can count, including an hour long battle with beakthings in the old world where she pulled each squad member to safety one at a time then went back to get the next having to fight off beakthings lone enough to grab someone and run. She saved everyone that day. over time the team grew to near 160 members, and she was put in charge of the rangers squad. They were the ones who went out did the dirty work. If a squad was pinned down. they went to the rescue. If we needed to go get something they were sent. All under her leadership and protection.
Then the new world came along. I imported all my previous games except this first one. Some many teammates and no food. I knew it would not be an easy move. But with the swamps open that the lands beyond I felt it was time.
I wanted to find a good place near the united cities to build a base, but couldn't drag all those people along the whole way so the majority of the force set up an outpost just far enough south so the holy nation would leave us be. And the rangers were sent out to explore the new lands in hopes of finding us a new permanent home. It was a long hard journey and the rangers found wonderous new places. But it was hard fought. There were many new threats here that they had not faced before. The worst of which were the spider plains. After weeks of traveling, holing up and healing and then striking out again, the rangers were heading home. They had used all their bed rolls and were trying to work back north across the spider plains to Last stand. The team was pretty beat up as the spiders were coming at them 10 or more at a time. And the attacks by various Shek squads didn't help. Finally they were in sight of the town. They were coming up a draw and crossed a bridge when the spiders appeared. two squads of them. The first group went down with only 3 of ours knocked out. But as the second group moved in a squad of Karl's Chosen hit from behind. It was a bloody battle and the chosen were knocked down. But all the squad members also were knocked out. there were 4 skin spiders left that started feeding on the squad. But Gecko would not stay down. She got to her feet, bleeding, wounded and attacked the spiders. she dropped one, but was hit by another and dropped to her knees. But she still recovered and attacked again. She fought hard and dropped another, but this time the other two spiders ripped her guts out. She was dead before she hit the ground. But she had bought the rest the time they needed. several others got to their feet and finished off the spiders. But now I was stuck. I could reload the game and bring Gecko back, but there was no way to know if they would survive another fight like that one. It was a hard choice but i finally decided that I would have to continue on. They survivors gathered up Gecko's body and decided that they would not leave her behind. After all she did for them, they would at least make sure that she would not be left in the desert.

Revage

Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:57 am

I began with a "Rock Bottom" start after the new world came out, but I've had a party going since the age prior to sound. I tried an honest start, mining some ore and selling it for just enough food to get by. Then I saw the light of the 'easy' route, stole food and supplies, and got on my way. I built up to a small city in an un-patrolled sector of Holy Nation territory and began building an army. I got a modest size going and focused hard on technology. In the midst of training my troops up, and always seeing how much more powerful the wanderers or denizens of the other cities were, I had another flash of brilliance. Skilled troops are expensive to buy, and they're never that skilled. However, a bandit that landed in jail was available for recruitment if I paid his bounty.. and so the scam began.

I have a division of my nation named "Ops", high stealth, assassination, and thievery. I used this squad to kidnap Shek warriors from their or the streets, then moved them to my main base as a holding and processing facility. They were bandaged if they'd fought, stripped, re-equipped with the worst weapons I could find, allowed to heal, then knocked out and transported under cover of night in to Holy Nation cities. There they were planted in stores just before the opening hours, so that the merchants would spot them, think they're being robbed, and attack. The Shek would land a bounty and a jail sentence, and once subdued by the guards, I would send in one of my Operatives in Holy Nation disguise to pay their bounty. I have been recruiting by press gang for some time now, and have since subjugated the queen of the Shek in to being my main trading unit.

So that's my story... from a broken arm and nothing, to the covert lord of the land and possessor of the Shek queen.

Yuion007

Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:52 pm

Time to share. This is a tale about Therru and her adventure to accelerate her group's technology.

Now the rage tag group of would be adventurers built a small town just west of the swamps, south of the Holy Nation's lands and east of the Crater. Now Therru was the fastest and strongest member of the party, a leader so to say. So being the fastest and strongest she left for an pre-ancient Workshop. And what a load did she find. Engineering books and even a few Ancient Books as well. The group will put great use to that including a few well made weapons to share.

Now the way to the workshop seemed to hold little danger, but the path back. Now that was another story. There seemed to be beak-things at every turn! Now Therru was the fastest member of her little group, but not fast enough to outrun the beak-things. One group would hound her from one Hive Village to the next. Just when Therru thought she had escaped another group seemed to be waiting for her. Now she could have dropped her bag to run faster, but then these days of travel, and swimming through acid would have been for nought.

Even though they outran her the beak-things couldn't seem to hit her, much to Therru's joy. And she had made it all the way to the Crater and almost all of the way through it. Therru knew that all she had to do was evade the lone beak-thing chasing her and she would be home free. But this is when tragedy struck! All of that dodging and evading had worn our poor leader out as the beak-thing had finally managed to grab a hold of her. And on her leg no doubt! With a crippled leg she couldn't stand a chance and turned on the beak-thing.

Her Naginata slashed at the creature, but it was no hope. The next blow was upon her breast, and the second was in the same spot. Her world went dark as the beak-thing finally managed to catch it's prey.

Now another of the group; a Shek named Spikes, wondered the crater for hides and teeth from the constant fighting of the Swamp Raptors and the Beak-Things. It was on another of these forages when he came upon a small battle ground. There was four dead Swamp Raptors and a fallen Beak-thing. It was going to be a normal skin and bag till he noticed a blood trail leading away from the fight. Curious he followed it. A few dozen meters away he found his fallen leader. As the Beak-Thing was ripping her arm off a group of Swamp Raptors had ambushed it. She regained consciousness for only enough time to drag herself away to save the bag from the fighting. She died with it in her arm, protecting it's ancient treasure.

Spikes had forgotten all about the hides as he carried his Leader back to the base to bury her and put the knowledge and weapons she found to good use.

I know it is a bit late, but the thread wasn't locked so I thought I might as well share my tragic story ^^

Gecekusu

Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:44 pm

Yuion007 wrote:Time to share. This is a tale about Therru and her adventure to accelerate her group's technology.

Now the rage tag group of would be adventurers built a small town just west of the swamps, south of the Holy Nation's lands and east of the Crater. Now Therru was the fastest and strongest member of the party, a leader so to say. So being the fastest and strongest she left for an pre-ancient Workshop. And what a load did she find. Engineering books and even a few Ancient Books as well. The group will put great use to that including a few well made weapons to share.

Now the way to the workshop seemed to hold little danger, but the path back. Now that was another story. There seemed to be beak-things at every turn! Now Therru was the fastest member of her little group, but not fast enough to outrun the beak-things. One group would hound her from one Hive Village to the next. Just when Therru thought she had escaped another group seemed to be waiting for her. Now she could have dropped her bag to run faster, but then these days of travel, and swimming through acid would have been for nought.

Even though they outran her the beak-things couldn't seem to hit her, much to Therru's joy. And she had made it all the way to the Crater and almost all of the way through it. Therru knew that all she had to do was evade the lone beak-thing chasing her and she would be home free. But this is when tragedy struck! All of that dodging and evading had worn our poor leader out as the beak-thing had finally managed to grab a hold of her. And on her leg no doubt! With a crippled leg she couldn't stand a chance and turned on the beak-thing.

Her Naginata slashed at the creature, but it was no hope. The next blow was upon her breast, and the second was in the same spot. Her world went dark as the beak-thing finally managed to catch it's prey.

Now another of the group; a Shek named Spikes, wondered the crater for hides and teeth from the constant fighting of the Swamp Raptors and the Beak-Things. It was on another of these forages when he came upon a small battle ground. There was four dead Swamp Raptors and a fallen Beak-thing. It was going to be a normal skin and bag till he noticed a blood trail leading away from the fight. Curious he followed it. A few dozen meters away he found his fallen leader. As the Beak-Thing was ripping her arm off a group of Swamp Raptors had ambushed it. She regained consciousness for only enough time to drag herself away to save the bag from the fighting. She died with it in her arm, protecting it's ancient treasure.

Spikes had forgotten all about the hides as he carried his Leader back to the base to bury her and put the knowledge and weapons she found to good use.

I know it is a bit late, but the thread wasn't locked so I thought I might as well share my tragic story ^^

Omg that is just tooo sad, hugs to you :cry:

Btw the way you tell your storie is so cute and sincere that i really want to hug you now.

philthymcnasty

Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:44 pm

The cult

During the last war, he surveyed the devastation caused by the holy empire and said to himself "I need to get into this religion thing. There is money and power in it". When he left the united cities, he decided to create a revenge based religion....

He went back to where it all began, the rage, the nightmares, the feeling of disappointment at a peace that should not have occurred, he went to the hub.

He found the first recruit, a crazy guy who simply needed a friend, a place to belong, someone to survive with. What a perferct recruit for the new revenge based movement. During the day this man mined iron and at night he sold the iron for food. A very humble beginning. Meanwhile the founder would run around mugging dustbandits and steal their swords to help raise funds for more recruits, and better equipment.

When enough funds where earned, he bought allies, he aligned with the shinobi, and was able to get good backpacks and cheap equipment. As he continued to mug and sneak, he got better at it, and became a powerful ninja in his own right. Eventually able to afford to recruit 6 more random people of varying skill and background.

But a cult needs a place to live, a place to make money, and a place to train. He picked a horrible place between the swamp and the borderlands. The main goal was not a wide variety of crops, but constant training due to river raptor attacks. This was a means to train the organization. It was hard at first, and outside help was needed for a bit. The mercs lived up to their end of the bargain, though badly beaten in the process. But in the end they where very very strong.

Strong enough to scour ruins. Strong enough to get powerful ancient artifacts, and strong enough to grow. Strong enough to break a slaves shackles and train the slave up to never lose their freedom again.

Strong enough, to daily raid holy empire cities and take what they want, and leave no survivors when people get in their way.

• Information