Page 1 of 1

What is the rarest item?

Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:58 pm
by Anonymouse_Captain
I stumbled across a legendary horse chopper when going through the beak thing nest(hell yeah!) and I wondered if there was anything rarer then that then that OP horse chopper.

Re: What is the rarest item?

Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:41 pm
by Hatsune_Neko
stuff like that is randomly placed.
I don't think there is any such a thing as 1 item being the rarest in the game.

Re: What is the rarest item?

Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:39 am
by Abek
Each nest has 1-6 weapons. There are 10 kinds of weapons that can spawn in nests. The chance of a weapon being an Edgewalkers blade is 1%. Now, of those blades, it can be Edge 1, Edge 4 or Edge 5. Therefore your chance of finding a specific Edge 5 blade in a nest is about 0.033%. Pretty damn rare.

Additionally, since you can find a decent range of weapons in those nests. I'd say an Edge 5 Ringed Sabre, Slim Katana or Fragment Axe would be a rarer, more powerful weapon.

In terms of very rare items, each adventurer you see out wandering there has a big list of items he/she can wear. They have a 15% chance to spawn initially. Then they only have a 20% chance to wear a tricorn hat. The chance of that Tricorn hat being High Quality is 8%.
This makes high quality tricorns roughly 0.24% chance of occurring.

However, nests are marked on your map and adventurers just meander aimlessly so I'd say High Quality Tricorn hat is the rarest item in the game.

I want one so damn bad.

Re: What is the rarest item?

Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:10 am
by Anonymouse_Captain
Abek wrote:Each nest has 1-6 weapons. There are 10 kinds of weapons that can spawn in nests. The chance of a weapon being an Edgewalkers blade is 1%. Now, of those blades, it can be Edge 1, Edge 4 or Edge 5. Therefore your chance of finding a specific Edge 5 blade in a nest is about 0.033%. Pretty damn rare.

Additionally, you can find a decent range of weapons in those nests. I'd say an Edge 5 Ringed Sabre, Slim Katana or Fragment Axe would be rarer, more powerful weapons.

In terms of very rare items, each adventurer you see out wandering there has a big list of items he/she can wear. They have a 15% chance to spawn initially. Then they only have a 20% chance to wear a tricorn hat. The chance of that Tricorn hat being High Quality is 8%.
This makes high quality tricorns roughly 0.24% chance of occurring.

However, nests are marked on your map and adventurers just meander aimlessly so I'd say High Quality Tricorn hat is the rarest item in the game.

I want one so damn bad.
But since a Tricorn hat doesn't protect you (I think) A high quality tricorn is basically a unusual hat in tf2 terms. RIGHT? :o

Re: What is the rarest item?

Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:35 am
by Abek
Anonymouse_Captain wrote: But since a Tricorn hat doesn't protect you (I think) A high quality tricorn is basically a unusual hat in tf2 terms. RIGHT? :o
It actually does protect. About 0.3 ish Blunt/cut

It also gives you unrivaled dapper style.