[0.93.4] Crash on dismantling Defensive Gate III (Solution?)

Post Reply
Gabintzky
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:31 pm

Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:52 pm

I was tearing down my old base to move to a new one, and every time I'd try to dismantle one of my gates, my game would crash. Prior to the dismantling, I would get a prompt akin to "Are you sure you want to dismantle this? All furniture on it would be destroyed." So after a couple attempts of just dismantling it, I tried dismantling the spotlights I had built on it. On attempt to dismantle the gate again, I still got the furniture prompt. Still, went ahead with dismantling, resulting in another crash.

It turns out, there were still more spotlights on the gate, but they were invisible. I discovered that they could still be clicked on and then dismantled if you know where they are supposed to be, and upon dismantling all spotlights and searchlights, the gate could then be dismantled with no crash. To find the invisible searchlights, I had the idea to go into build mode and see which nodes on the gate were being occupied. Upon entering build mode, the hidden searchlights were made visible again. Upon exiting build mode, they disappeared. Still, they could be dismantled, and upon dismantling all the lights, dismantling the gate will not result in a crash.
Attachments
crashDump0.93.4_x64.zip
(152.79 KiB) Downloaded 79 times

Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests