Page 1 of 1
Interface Freakout bug?
Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:07 am
by TheFultz
This might just be an installation problem or a GPU error, except my GPU is a Geforce 610 and it being only a week old it should have not errors, also I've re-installed the game twice now.
This happens every time I attempt to play the game, unsure what to do I throw it to you guys.
I'm re-installing it again for the third time right now.
Re: Interface Freakout bug?
Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:32 am
by Clawdius Talonious
That's some seriously strange artifacting, what driver version are you running? I assume you have a variety of other games that run without any issues?
Re: Interface Freakout bug?
Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:59 am
by TheFultz
This is diffidently a first for me, and this new GPU as it is only happening to Kenshi and no other game. I'll just check the drivers any ways.
Re: Interface Freakout bug?
Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:19 am
by Jerrywalker
Just downloaded game and have same bug when creating char - tried all suggestions like updating drivers, changing resolution, turning off/on shadows antialiasing , fullscreen / window mode and so on... bug is still there. running game on pc with win xp and my videocard - GeForce GT 440
Re: Interface Freakout bug?
Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:32 am
by Clawdius Talonious
So you're running the 314.22 version of the Nvidia drivers? Could you upload a dxdiag? The more information Chris has about an issue the easier it would be for him to diagnose.
I was hoping after the last two stopped responding that updating their drivers may have helped, but it's difficult to pin down when you don't have a lot of information. The first time I saw this sort of corruption it was an Nvidia video card, although the second poster didn't mention what type of graphics card they were using. Nvidia cards may be the common thread, but there must be something else as well as I run an Nvidia 465 and driver version 314.22 and don't have a similar issue.
Re: Interface Freakout bug?
Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:20 am
by Jerrywalker
After reinstalling game i see this bug again but now when i look closely at artefacts they form words Nvidia and PhysX. Also part of them disappears after creating char and entering building. I think this bug somehow related to first image shown on game start (nvidia advertisement) - looks it's not unloaded from video memory correctly and shows as overlay later ingame.
Re: Interface Freakout bug?
Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:40 am
by Clawdius Talonious
That should be useful information, do the words dissipate at all as you move around the game world, or does it persist if you, for example hit F5 to save and F9 to quick load the game?
The Nvidia/physX text/logo doesn't seem to be present in the screenshot the Op had, can you upload a screenshot so I can see how the issue differs?