Page 1 of 1

0.70.4 Steam Validating required even if I just press Exit?

Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:58 am
by sausages
I have read posts that Steam validating helps many issues happened in Kenshi in the experimental build; but what I've noticed is that according to Steam, files are changed even if I just press Exit right away (without starting a new game or change any settings) in the main menu...

I have already done a clean install (except format my hard drive) and this still happens... does anyone know how I can check which files are corrupted according to Steam? It is because I believe these 2 files may have something to do with so many problems right now.

Re: 0.70.4 Steam Validating required even if I just press Ex

Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:02 pm
by Zeal
Those two files are likely just launcher settings and game preferences. They aren't actually a problem.

Re: 0.70.4 Steam Validating required even if I just press Ex

Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:39 pm
by sausages
but I didn't change the launch setting either... so I do wonder what's validated