Hello.
For some reason Kenshi Autoupdater has stopped working for me. I've been dry with updates and im having enough. So here I am asking for help.
This is not the first time. I've installed kenshi previously because Updater did not find any updates but that was way earlier. Version time was something like 0.20-0.22v.
Latest update I got working smoothly was the day and night update. I don't remember the numbering but I think it is irrelevant. The updater worked fine after that (trying to find updates normally).
At some point, it just stopped. When I launch Kenshi.exe or Wyupdate.exe, all I get is "wyupdate has stopped working". Then the program closes and the game starts normally with config window.
Im really pissed because everything I do seems to make no difference. I've bought this game from gamersgate and here are the things that I have tried with no results.
1) Reinstalled - this had no effect
2) downloaded again - this had no effect
3) tried to set combatility mode to XP(I have windows7) for wyupdate.exe AND kenshi.exe - this had no effect
4) tried to run as admin - this had no effect
5) tried to google the error - found nothing
6) tried to search the forums - found nothing relevant
7) updated java and video card drivers - this had no effect
8) Turned off my windows firewall and avast! at the same time - this had no effect
9) I specifically added wyupdate.exe and kenshi.exe to windows firewall "allowed" list.
__________________________________________________________
Great game and worth the money. Im just tired playing the old version. I actually got stuck to version 0.29.6 after I downloaded the game again! So all I can do is to downgrade and not even get back to the old version I had.
Please help me. Im not usually asking for help because I can solve these kind of things on my own, but this little alphabeast has gotten the better of me.
wyUpdate has stopped working
- Captain Deathbeard
- Developer
- Posts: 1831
- Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:04 pm
- Location: UK
- Contact:
Not sure what could be causing it, but I will at least try to keep more up to date installers around. There is a new installer out now.
The reason is propably not in the game. Seems more like windows 7 problem cos there are some other .exe files I can't seem to be running.
I did some .exe fixes but none of them did any good. Seems like reinstalling windows is the only option.
Im not gonna do it though. Im buying windows 8 soon as I get my salary but in the meantime, could you please update your installer. 0.40 is worse than the older version because it is unplayable (there is just HUGE derping and herping everywhere, nothing works). I hope it is not too much of a trouble..
I don't even have any installers for older version anymore. So no kenshi for me.
EDIT:
Yea got it working. All the other exe files started to be a little corrupted too in my computer so I decided to do the format and reinstall for windows. All ok now!
I did some .exe fixes but none of them did any good. Seems like reinstalling windows is the only option.
Im not gonna do it though. Im buying windows 8 soon as I get my salary but in the meantime, could you please update your installer. 0.40 is worse than the older version because it is unplayable (there is just HUGE derping and herping everywhere, nothing works). I hope it is not too much of a trouble..
I don't even have any installers for older version anymore. So no kenshi for me.
EDIT:
Yea got it working. All the other exe files started to be a little corrupted too in my computer so I decided to do the format and reinstall for windows. All ok now!
-
killerx243
- Posts: 119
- Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:35 pm
I am having this problem now too on my laptop, had to leave my gaming rig back at residence while I'm recovering from wisdom teeth removal.
Tried running Kenshi from desura and the updater crashes. It could open Kenshi v.0.33. I reinstalled from desura and now I am at version .0.32
Only thing I can think of that has been causing some problems is I did a system restore to fix issues steam was having this morning.
Tried running Kenshi from desura and the updater crashes. It could open Kenshi v.0.33. I reinstalled from desura and now I am at version .0.32
Only thing I can think of that has been causing some problems is I did a system restore to fix issues steam was having this morning.
-
- Information
-
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 17 guests