Interface Freakout bug?

Post Reply
TheFultz
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:58 am

Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:07 am

This might just be an installation problem or a GPU error, except my GPU is a Geforce 610 and it being only a week old it should have not errors, also I've re-installed the game twice now.

This happens every time I attempt to play the game, unsure what to do I throw it to you guys.

I'm re-installing it again for the third time right now.
Attachments
2013-04-08_00001.jpg
2013-04-08_00001.jpg (487.76 KiB) Viewed 811 times

User avatar
Clawdius Talonious
Posts: 540
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:35 am

Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:32 am

That's some seriously strange artifacting, what driver version are you running? I assume you have a variety of other games that run without any issues?

TheFultz
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:58 am

Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:59 am

This is diffidently a first for me, and this new GPU as it is only happening to Kenshi and no other game. I'll just check the drivers any ways.

Jerrywalker
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:15 am

Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:19 am

Just downloaded game and have same bug when creating char - tried all suggestions like updating drivers, changing resolution, turning off/on shadows antialiasing , fullscreen / window mode and so on... bug is still there. running game on pc with win xp and my videocard - GeForce GT 440

User avatar
Clawdius Talonious
Posts: 540
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:35 am

Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:32 am

So you're running the 314.22 version of the Nvidia drivers? Could you upload a dxdiag? The more information Chris has about an issue the easier it would be for him to diagnose.

I was hoping after the last two stopped responding that updating their drivers may have helped, but it's difficult to pin down when you don't have a lot of information. The first time I saw this sort of corruption it was an Nvidia video card, although the second poster didn't mention what type of graphics card they were using. Nvidia cards may be the common thread, but there must be something else as well as I run an Nvidia 465 and driver version 314.22 and don't have a similar issue.

Jerrywalker
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:15 am

Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:20 am

After reinstalling game i see this bug again but now when i look closely at artefacts they form words Nvidia and PhysX. Also part of them disappears after creating char and entering building. I think this bug somehow related to first image shown on game start (nvidia advertisement) - looks it's not unloaded from video memory correctly and shows as overlay later ingame.

User avatar
Clawdius Talonious
Posts: 540
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:35 am

Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:40 am

That should be useful information, do the words dissipate at all as you move around the game world, or does it persist if you, for example hit F5 to save and F9 to quick load the game?

The Nvidia/physX text/logo doesn't seem to be present in the screenshot the Op had, can you upload a screenshot so I can see how the issue differs?

Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests